Saturday, July 24, 2010

Falling Behind

I took a two week class to learn how to teach Earth Science using inquiry methods.  It was 6 hours each day, plus the 2 hours of driving my boys to my parents' for childcare.  Of course, there was homework, as well.  Taking the class put me behind in several ways.

One of my major goals this summer, in regards to the CSA was to throw away less food. So far, I've only thrown away some arugula and some basil, so I've done fairly well in this regard.  My class made it extra challenging to get through all the veggies. 

One of my strategies for using everything up before it went bad was to eat a veggie-rich lunch each day.  That didn't happen while I was in class, which was paid for by a grant with a daily lunch and breakfast included in the deal.  Very posh for someone who is used to cooking all day long!  Being out of the house is not conducive to working one's way through a box a vegetables.

Although I cooked every night, I rarely had the time or energy to write about it.  It was a hasty, necessary act of nourishment and tastiness, but not a celebration of creativity.  I'm behind on my blog, now, too. 

I'm trying not to get out of sorts, because life happens.  Right?  I won't be able to "catch up".  Flylady says to jump in right where you are.  And so, I will jump in and write about the pictures I've taken.  Things will be out of order, some entries will be outdated, and some entries are likely to stink.  Like this one.

I'll end with a photo of my vegetables from a recent week:

No comments:

Post a Comment