Saturday, July 3, 2010

CSA Week 3

When you go away for vacation, you need to decide what to do with your CSA share.  Fort Hill Farm will allow you to donate it to the local food bank, which is a very kind and generous thing to do.  My mother, however was interested in driving the 40 minutes or so to the drop site so she could have the fun of receiving a box of produce. 

She had a good week, apparently.

She got strawberries (the best ever! according to her reports), snap peas (one of my favorites), lettuces, broccoli and Swiss chard. 

My mother brought the chard to my grandmother, who was thrilled.  She sauteed it up in no time and ate it on the spot.  Mom also shared some of her take with her infirm neighbor. 

I know there are many needy folks who could have used those veggies, but I am glad that my mom and grandma had the opportunity to see why I get so excited each week when my box arrives.  Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment