Monday, August 24, 2009

On Blogging

My family has been supportive and kind regarding my endeavor to write about our eating habits. They don't have to be. They could all just be resentful of the time I waste on the whole project, spilling their secrets, laughing at their food aversions, typing out crappy sentences with very little revision...
My brother, my mother and my husband are among my most faithful readers, although none of them will post any comments about my posts. I quit for awhile, in fact, believing that no one was actually reading. It's lonely to write without feedback.
I will admit that it is a bit quirky to allow my family to stand around hungrily while I photograph our food, but I think they all feel like they are a part of this project. Anyway, my darling husband was thoughtful enough to snap a shot of me snapping a shot of our dinner. My boys will be able to remember this episode clearly enough to bemoan the experience to their therapists many years from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment